Yesterday I had the pleasure of presenting a talk at an ANUG meetup about Azure DevOps Pipelines. I was great fun, and I only made a few mistakes when live editing YML:-) I have uploaded the demo repositories to Github if anyone wants to look into the code. Unfortunately, the release pipelines were made using the visual designer, so I cannot include these in the repository. Demo code: Nuget package Azure Function Some links I often end up looking at:
In the previous post on Hugo I described why I ended up with a Static Site Generator, in this on I will describe my reasons for choosing Hugo. Easy to get started Hugo is written in Go and is compiled for all major (and some not so major) operation system. And it’s compiled to ONE single file and that is all you need. No need for downloading a runtime, installing a million packages and having updates breaking corners of the site - I’m look at you, NodeJS!
A couple of years ago when I started this blog I had a look at the different possibilities regarding hosting, technology and so on. Early in the processed decided that one of my main criteria was that post were written in Markdown. This format makes a lot of sense to me you don’t have to mock around with WYSIWYG editors that always end up – at best – generating some shady HTML.
@MSkarum will May, June, July come as triology? https://t.co/fcICkzDsiz? — Rasmus Foged (@rasmusfoged) August 14, 2017 3-in-1 Box set edition Today a good friend(?) of mine came with the snarky comment above, and of course put his finger at a sore point. It’s an easy thing to forget to do, but I really like these retrospectives. So, I should properly try to catch up. Leaving a client The last couple (or three) months have been a bit different than normal for me.
Not many new and exciting things happened in April, apparat from my participation in a Google Design Sprint witch I wrote a whole blog post on. As a spinoff from the Design Sprint we had a 4 day hackaton to make a new prototype. This was a very front end heavy thing, but I got to play a bit with Elastic Beanstalk and Express. Both Beanstalk and Express are typical products of AWS and the NodeJS community.
Trying a Google Design Sprint Reflections on a week with a Design Sprint In my day to day work I mostly solve problems related to software development. A PO hands down a feature request and the team my team and I try to find the best solution to the problem and then implements it. I guess this is how software development are done many places. But a couple of week ago I got to be part of a completely different process – a Google Design sprint.
Note: Apparently this post had been sitting in my drafts folder and I never published it. So with a months delay, here is the March recap Yet another month has passed - somehow time just seems to pass right by. Anyways I dipped my toes in quite a lot of new things this month, some of them might earn some separate posts going forward. My wife Maria is starting he own business - being a mindful coach - and of course I try to help where I can.
I would like to start recapping what I’ve done the previuos month. I’m fortunate enough to have a job where I often delving into new technologies and sometimes it’s hard to remember what technologies I’ve been playing with. Terraform At Buildstuff last year I attended a session hosted by James Nugent and Paul Stack on Terraform. I was very impressed and when I got back I managed to convince my team that we should use it.
Last week I attended Buildstuff in Vilnius. I was my first time there, but after hearing very positive things about it for the last couple of years I thought it was time to go. And I was not disappointed! It was a great conference, with great people organizing, speaking and attending. I can only encourage everyone (software developers at least) to try it. Day 0 Buildstuff had arranged a small appetizer event the day before the conference started with 2 sessions.
I recently bumped into an issue where we would had a list of abstract objects that we needed to be able to serialize it and then deserialize it back. Further more, it needed to without special serializer settings or other configuration heavy solutions, since we are providing a model library to third parties and they should be able to deserialize our data without problems. Given the following types A list of List<ItemType> the serialized JSON will look something like this